Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Black Friday & Liebster Blog Award Nomination


I hope that you all had a restful Thanksgiving and that all you brave shoppers survived the crowds today. I still have never really been Black Friday shopping. I want to do it once, but it's just not for me! I admire anyone who can deal with so many crowds and pushy people on a day off!

I had an amazing Black Friday though because Heather from The Wild Rumpus nominated Fourth Grade Lemonade nominated me for  Liebster blog award! I am so stinking excited to put the Liebster Blog Award sticker/button thing on the side of my blog :) Thank you so much, Heather!


The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers by established bloggers (less than 200 followers), in order to recognize them, let them know that they are appreciated, and to spread the word about new blogs. The rules are:

  • You must post 11 random things about yourself.
  • Answer the questions that the nominators set for you.
  • Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
  • Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
  • No tag back, (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so that I can learn more about you!)

Here are some random facts about me!
1. I've had chicken pox 3 times.
2. I am obsessed with Harry Potter! I flew to London for the release of the 7th book.. stood in line, got the book and flew right back to the states. And I'm going to the Harry Potter Amusement Park this summer!
3. I went to Penn State. We Are!
4. I am getting married in September to my college sweetheart, who I met at Beaver Stadium!
5. I wanted to be a writer or a journalist when I grew up.
6. I have a terrible obsession with awful reality TV shows (Teen Mom, Sister Wives, Breaking Amish..)
7. I love that Heather said she has gray hair... so do I! And I'm only 23. It's genetic. Oh well.
8. My first car was a yellow convertible VW beetle.
9. I teach in the same school district that I was educated in from 1st to 12th grade.
10. I love travelling. My goal is to go to all 50 states. I've been to half.
11. My fiance proposed to me in Italy last March!

Questions asked by Heather:
  1. What is your best teaching memory?
    My favorite teaching memory is receiving a handmade bracelet from one of my most difficult students my year of student teaching (who still takes the cake for most difficult student I've ever had.. but also one of the sweetest). I still wear it today and I will always remember the little girl who gave it to me.
  2. What is your worst teaching memory?
    My worst teaching memory would have to be things falling apart in front of my mentor teacher and supervisor during my student teacher between an autistic student and an O.D.D. student in the classroom. I was so mortified, but now that wouldn't even phase me. There's so much that is out of your control as a teacher, the calmer you are, the calmer the students are :)
  3. What made you decide to start a blog?
    I started reading a ton of blogs towards the end of last school year and it was really changing my teaching and I wanted to share how well some of the activities I got from the blogs were going. After I started this blog, I think I've become an even better teacher.
  4. What's your favorite season and why?
    My favorite season is Fall! Football, Hoodie weather, apple cider, the leaves changing...
  5. Do you have a teaching idol? Who and why?
    My teaching idols are my fourth grade teacher Mrs. D, my fifth grade teacher Mrs. Kunkle and my AP Psych teacher Mr. Fitzgerald. The common thread between them all was that they all had spectacular classroom management and I enjoyed learning in their classes. 
  6. Do you have any hobbies, and, if so, what's your favorite?
    My favorite hobby is reading. I love getting caught up in the world of a new book.
  7. Coffee or Tea?
    Coffee! Tea is gross.
  8. Dessert: chocolate or other?
    My favorite dessert is frozen yogurt piled high with sprinkles.
  9. Snack: sweet or salty (Can you tell I haven't eaten yet this morning?!)
    Both! Chocolate covered pretzels and pretzel m&ms. Perfect.
  10. What were you prior to becoming a teacher?
    A student at Penn State. I was a journalism major first though.
  11. If you hadn't become a teacher, what would you have been?
    I probably would have become a journalist, but real estate and library sciences also interest me. I want to be a secretary in the Mad Men era.
Here are 11 questions for my nominees!
1. Do you own any pets?
2. If you could travel anywhere, where would would you go?
3. What is your favorite thing about being a teacher?
4. In the spirit of Black Friday, what is your favorite store?
5. What is your favorite book to read aloud to your students?
6. If you won the megamillions lottery, what would your first purchase be?
7. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
8. What is your favorite sport?
9. What are your favorite blogs in your blogroll (they don't have to be teacher-related)?
10. If you could time travel to one year for the whole year, what year would you go to?
11. Why did you start blogging?

The 11 blogs I am nominating:

Alright, nominees! Don't forget to comment on this post with a link to your blogpost!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination! :)
    http://applefortheteach.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also teach in the same county that I went to school in 1st through 12th! I am your newest follower!

    Christina :)
    Check out my blog!
    Apples, Books, and Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Caitlyn! You have such a wonderful blog! I FINALLY answered questions and nominated some others.

    Check it out here.

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete