I'm linking up for Teacher Week '13 with Blog Hoppin!
1. I teach fourth grade in Northern Virginia at a Title I school. This will be my third year teaching. I did one year of teaching before this as a student teacher in Pennsylvania which was also at a Title I school so I've never taught a class that wasn't affected by poverty. I feel like teaching in a Title I school really makes the job even more rewarding.. getting to know these kiddos and making a difference in their lives.
2. Other than teaching, I'm planning my wedding. I'm getting married on September 21st (40 days from now!) It's really getting down to the wire and with the beginning of the school year, I know that this next month is going to be a whirlwind. But I am so lucky to be marrying my best friend after 5 and a half years of dating.
3. I have a miniature schnauzer named Brooklyn. She's the snuggliest little pup you'll ever meet. When she wants to love you, she suffocates you. Anyone else's dog do this??
4. I absolutely love travelling. My fiance and I have been fortunate enough to travel around the country and internationally. We've been to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, shopped in Milan, gambled in Las Vegas, parasailed in the Outer Banks, paddle boarded in the gulf of Mexico, laughed and cried at Broadway shows and have eaten chicken fried steak in Texas... and much more.
5. I went to Penn State. Happy Valley is really the happiest place on Earth. Everyone should see a football game there. My dog's name is Brooklyn because Joe Pa was born there.
6. My fiance proposed in Cinque Terre Italy. It was better than I could have ever imagined. Words can't even describe how perfect it was.
7. I am best friends with my co-workers and don't know what I would do without them.
8. My newest hobby is running! I love running. Especially because there's so many great trails to run on and sights to see in the DC area. I have signed up for a 5k every month for a year (until next April) and it really keeps me going.
9. Another one of my hobbies in the fall is fantasy football. My fiance and I got both of our families involved in the league and it has been so much fun. It makes watching football even more fun and it's great to have a little inter-family competitiveness.
10. My go-to fun fact about me is that I've had the chicken pox three times!
I would also like to announce the winner of the giveaway that I hosted last week during the Southern Hospitality Blog Hop is.....