Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Parent Handouts for Open House

Open House Week


Today is Parent Handout day with the TBA Open House linky party... Our back to school night is tomorrow! These are some of the handouts that I will have for the parents to sign up and take home. These handouts are for Open House, Back to School Night, Parent Night or whatever your school calls it!

The first handout is our e-mail newsletter. I send home a monthly newsletter and this year I want to make that an e-mail newsletter for our parents who sign up. I just think it would be more efficient and effective!

So here is my cute monster-themed email sign-up. You can download it by clicking {here}.


This next handout is just your standard sign-in sheet. Click {here} to download!


I am going to do a raffle this year at the Open House. The lucky winner will get a small prize package of fun school supplies! So the parents will fill out their name and their child's name and then put it in a bowl and I will choose the winner after the Open House. The raffle sign up sheet can be found {here}.


Finally I always have parents write their student a letter to put in the student's desk. I remember my dad did that when I was in third grade while he was waiting to have my parent conference and it was so special. This handout is {here}.

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I'm pinning all of this to Pinterest, and I'm sure I'll be using it very soon! Thanks so much! :)

    ~ Sarah

    Write On, Fourth Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your idea of drawing for a prize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caitlyn,
    I'm your newest follower. I also teach 4th grade. My oldest daughter went to Penn State also and she lives in Northern Virginia (Alexandria). We have a few things in common! Love your blog! I will be visiting! Come visit me at www.everythingspeachyin4thgrade.blogspot.com


    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caitlyn,
    I've been teaching the lower grades (1&2) for the past 25 years and was in DESPERATE need of a change. I'll be teaching 4th grade this year and I am SO excited! I was looking for some ideas for Back to School night and I like what I see. With 4 years of 4th grade under your belt, you're an old pro! Have a great upcoming year!

    ReplyDelete