Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Currently... October

Farley has posted the October Currently. This is quickly becoming my favorite part of the month :)


So yes, I am LOVING the Big Bang Theory! Friends have told me to start watching this show but I hadn't until recently. So on Tuesday I bought season 1 and am starting from the beginning. I am developing a little crush on Johnny Galecki.

Speaking of crushes, my biggest celebrity crush is Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I saw Looper over the weekend and I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen this decade. I strongly encourage everyone to see it!

I hope you all are having a great October so far. October means the beginning of the school year is over. I know that I am super excited to have a 3-day weekend this weekend. I have a team-planning day on Friday so I won't see the kids for a whole four days. I can't even begin to explain how much I love my class this year, so they will be missed!

The favorite halloween book I put in my currently is called "Shake Dem Halloween Bones" by W. Nikola-Lisa. It can be found on Amazon {here}. I first heard this book while student teaching and it is just a super fun halloween book that even the upper grade kiddos can get into. It's got a great rhythm to it. It is by far my favorite halloween book to read to my fourth graders and it would work great for any grade of elementary students.





10 comments:

  1. I LOVE Big Bang Theory...It's one of my favorite shows :)

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog title! So adorable!

    I have never gotten into Big Bang Theory but I have heard it was good. I should check it out.

    And I will definitely have to check out Shake Dem Halloween Bones!

    Pixy Stix and Teacher Tricks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that book... thanks so much for linking up and YAY on loving your kids.... and BOO i don't have a long weekend :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely checking out that book... looks adorable!!

    Laura
    tattling to the teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay- for getting to see fiances!!! I got to Skype mine tonight!

    I'll definitely have to check that book out!

    ✰Amber
    Sparkles , Smiles, and Student Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I just say how jealous I am that you have a teacher workday AND Columbus Day? We went from having Columbus Day as a full workday to last year having the kids half-day to now a regular school day. Our workday is next Wednesday. Glad you get to see your fiance though. I was long distance with mine, and it sucked, so I feel your pain.

    Glad you're loving the Big Bang Theory. It's my FAVORITE show! I could quote a million lines from it!

    Don't Let The Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big Bang Theory rocks! Sheldon reminds me of many of my current and former students. :) Thanks for the book recommendation.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for 3 day weekends!!! I'm your newest follower!!

    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me
    Dots of Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing! I found you on the October Currently! I am soooo jealous that you have a 3 day weekend coming up
    Come and check out my current Currently!
    Layla
    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there!
    I'm your newest follower :)

    I am also in my second year of teaching and am absolutely loving it! The second year is SO much better than the first - isn't it? :)

    I got married a little over a year ago and so I know how difficult it can be to juggle teaching and planning a wedding. But, take deep breaths...you will get through this :) Enjoy the planning process - it is such a wonderful time! And being married is 1000x better than dating :)

    Check out my blog when you have time: www.joyinthejourney.blogspot.com

    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete