Friday, October 12, 2012

Field Day

Today was field day! Usually we have it in June but this year our school hosted Field Day in October. Weird, right? I was so not into having it in October before today. But I loved it! It was cool (65 degrees), so the kids were running around and doing athletic activities and eventually took their hoodies off. But more importantly, it gave me a day to bond with my kiddos who I've had for a month and a half now. I had such an amazing time with them. I just wanted to share that :)

Super happy teacher right here.


5 comments:

  1. That is a neat idea! I'd never even considered having field day so early in the year, but why not? It helps build a community in your class, plus it's not nearly as hot and doesn't interfere with testing AT ALL at the end of the year!

    Don't Let The Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having Field Day in October never would have occurred to me...however, it does make more sense. It helps to build the classroom community and school community early in the year....and the weather is cooler...so that means more fun!!

    Dee
    Mrs. B's Nook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea! :) I'm a new follower... found your comment on another blog, and I love finding new blogs in the intermediate grades!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of field day in October! Maybe next year... :-)

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this idea too! Thank you for sharing. Also, I "boo'ed" you. Check it out at my blog:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete