Friday, August 1, 2014

Five for Friday

I spent all week puppy sitting and walking this little guy while his parents were at work. He loves finding leaves and sticks, is super clumsy and makes the cutest snorting noises while he sleeps.

 
I finished reading these two books this week! 
They were both really engrossing, but I would recommend reading Serena the most because they're making it into a movie! The title character will be played by Jennifer Lawrence and her husband will be played by Bradley Cooper.

This past week we were at the beach with our friends. I usually go to Corolla in the Outer Banks, but we went with our friend's family to Topsail, NC this year. It was so gorgeous on that little island. The water was warm and we saw so many dolphins, so I was a happy girl. We stayed in a beautiful home right on the ocean. I couldn't have asked for a better vacation!

Yesterday my best friend Brittany got home from a life-changing 10-day trip to Israel. She had so many amazing stories to share about all of her adventures hiking, swimming in the Dead Sea and Mediterranean and eating a lot of amazing foods. She stopped by to see us on her way home to South Carolina, where she's an 8th grade science teacher. 

And finally, since I haven't done a Five for Friday in about a month... two weeks ago we were able to go on a week vacation in Shenandoah National Park with my in-laws. We went horse-back riding and kayaking, played a lot of tennis and board games and spent a lot of quality time together as a family that we don't always get to spend since my husband's family lives two states away.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks like your summer has been amazing and that you've got to spend lots of time outdoors :-) I want to try kayaking. Enjoy your last weeks of summer vacation.
    KaSandra
    MemoriesMadeinFirst

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog from Five for Friday. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete